The design solution without being implemented doesn’t provide any improvement or benefit. Furthermore, only through an ordered implementation it’s possible improve and adjust the preliminary design.
In DOT CONSULTING we are experts at making the identified opportunities reality, start new models or establish designs already done. This requires knowing very well the barriers to change each organization, identify the real agents of change, establish good planning of activities, communicate very well the goals to each responsible, and finally train in detail the people involved.
During the process of changing a constant evaluation of the results it is necessary and correct at the same moment possible deviations. Possibly the model designed initially doesn’t requires to many adjustments. This constant monitoring of the change process avoids conflicts of all kinds and ensures the achievement of the desired results.
A great idea may fail because of poor implementation.
From DOT CONSULTING we facilitate success in a process of change in an organization by our direct involvement with the success our experience and the use of a proven methodology. Thanks to a careful planning and intensive monitoring, we can overcome the eventualities that may arise. We care about the ordered compliance and achievement of all the commitments, while we adjust the original design to achieve the targets for improvement.
The introduction of any new operational and organizational model must overcome a number of challenges:
- Implementation of the proposed results
- Ownership of the staff and alignment with the objectives
- Maintaining the level of service during the transition
- Motivation of staff involved
- Meeting deadlines and keeping costs under control
Having defined the goal to achieve the change, various factors for successful implementation must be considered:
- Environmental considerations and preparation of a detailed plan of action, including adequate speed change
- Internal and external communication
- Identification of key personnel and agents of change. Management of possible resistance to change
- Pilot testing and appropriate adjustments
- Implementation and appropriation of new roles and responsibilities for personnel involved
- Establishment of management indicators and a system of decision-making, so that they can evaluate the results
- Staff training in the new model
- Implementation, accurate adjustments and consolidation of change through field monitoring
The “Interim Management” or the temporary provision of highly qualified managers with specific skills, is a service to be considered exceptional, committed, of crisis, in managing transition periods or in business model changes in an organization.
Organizations can face difficult situations, that despite being planned and managers have the “know how” enough to address them, however they do not have enough time to devote due attention time.
The aim is to meet the new challenges and continue to conduct normal business activities, which can not be interrupted.
In other cases, organizations have fully unexpected situations that have not been prepared or they do not the “know how” to address specific guarantees of success. For the two situations above, an effective and clear returns solution is the service of “interim management” or a temporary incorporation of a skilled manager.
This solution may be interesting in the following circumstances:
- Crisis management
- Management of organizational changes or business model
- Joint Ventures: release management and integration
- Complex transition periods
- Management of key projects
- Internalization or implementation of international locations<
- MBO. Specific reinforcements in Management Buy Out
- M & A. Fusions and acquisitions
- Casual vacancies of directors or long-term illness
The incorporation of expert staff is done with extreme caution and with a short period of adaptation. The departure and replacement of these staff is well prepared to avoid disturbing the business activity, and facilitating the transfer of functions. This enables to shorten deadlines and ensure the quality of execution.
Methodologically, as previous stage to the effective incorporation a diagnosis is performed with a proposal for concrete action. The next step is to inform the organization’s management team and the objectives of temporary collaboration of the new management. Next step is the incorporation of functions and the plan performed. Finally there is a preparation phase of the output manager.
The “Interim Management” is a fast and flexible solution that provides:
- Specific knowledge and experience, with the support of an entire organization
- Quickness in the start up.
- Focus on problem solving with clear objectives, with a committed person with clear responsibility
- Objectivity and independence
- Solutions to a crisis without abandoning the main activities of your company
- Ensuring clear return on investment
Project Management Office (PMO)
In complex organizations or with a certain size, have a Project Management Office is the most effective way to coordinate the activities of multiple teams and departments.
Through the standardizing management, methodical monitoring of activities, the involvement of multidisciplinary teams and the introduction of specific management tools, we can achieve without deviations executions projects on time, cost or quality.
The Project Management Office (Project Management Office or PMO) is an area or group of people within the organization that defines and maintains standards for project management efficiently. This group promotes standardization with the best practices of management and project monitoring, which simplifies management and implementation quality is guaranteed.
Key elements to consider:
- Training of project leaders
- Monitoring progress
- Use of operational indicators (KPI’s)
- Documentation of projects
- Coordination of different activities
- Supervision by management
All this leads to a higher quality of the projects, in compliance with the time allocated and a reduction of the final cost of the projects. It should also take in consideration the program management: coordinated management of several projects with common objectives.
In DOT CONSULTING we collaborate with our clients to design and implement the Project Management Office, with methodology, processes and tools, to be managed by personnel of the company, or in other cases we can help by providing support to internal staff for time-limited periods.
There are different methodologies to use and we can advise you on which is the most convenient for you. Some of the methodologies used are PRINCE2, PMBOK, etc., or a specific solution to your particular case.
Obtaining of “Quick wins”
It is often possible to design and implement process changes that can quickly achieve significant economic impact.
These changes implanted in conjunction with the team of the client and the team of CONSULTING DOT obtain also a demonstration effect on the organization, which encourages management and the team to continue improving and creating a culture of continuous improvement.
All projects search to have a return on the investment they represent, so that it is the project itself that generates profits (savings, increasing revenues, profitability, etc.) that exceeds the cost of the project.
Diagnosis made then allows to demonstrate that improved results through internal changes is possible, and allows the full involvement of staff. At the same time they are used to lay the project basis, as well as mechanisms for continuous improvement.