An efficient organization is defined by two parameters: the ability to make decisions quickly and accurately, and have the resources tailored to the real needs of the business.
With our projects we make companies much more efficient and able to adapt to the changing environment agencies. His ability to evolve as the environment and check promptly respond to the new challenges is a basic ability to compete in today’s markets.
Integrated management system and decision making
Effective organizations are particularly qualified to make correct decisions.
Take decisions efficiently throughout the entire organizational structure is part of their daily work and is a great competitive advantage. This translates into better economic performance and a better ability to adapt to a changing environment.
An organization capable of making decisions and managing has mechanisms that enable them to:
- Focus on the issues that really matter
- Make the right decision with the information available
- Realize it at the right time
- Transforming decisions into coherent actions
- Assess the impact and make new decisions
This capability does not arise spontaneously in organizations, but as a result of a conscious development of an integrated management system for decision-making.
An integrated management system is able to align people to act consistently with the objectives, processes, (KPI’s) indicators and internal organization.
It allows management to assess the situation objectively, transparently and clearly, thus facilitating decision-making. It should also allow assessment of the consequences of the decisions taken and according to the result to be corrected actions to achieve the desired result.
An integrated management system greatly enhances the culture of effort of an organization, so it motivates staff and can recognize individual efforts. Applied in a long time, it is a real vector of transformation in the corporate culture.
Optimización organizativa y dimensionamiento de áreas
We help companies to optimize resources necessary for the operation of each internal area according to its activities.
We improve the efficiency and flexibility of resources by implementing improvements in personnel management. We also define and implement new improvements in processes to adjust costs and resources, and improve service quality. We perform valuations of jobs.
We implemented several solutions to optimize the resources in the different areas and define a correct sizing to attend activities without prejudicing the level of service.
We conduct a preliminary diagnosis in which we review the level of activity of each work area, and quantify their workload. With this we visualize the saturation level, both as seasonal average, each department in the current environment.
Then we calculate the potential for improvement and implement changes
necessary to increase performance.
Among these changes, we include process reengineering and standardization of activities, the reallocation of functions and responsibilities, training to improve the versatility of personnel and management tools to improve performance shares.
- Process reengineering and standardization activities
- Teachers Resource plans
- Models of forecasting demand and seasonality
- Lists of activities
- Flexibility and versatility matrices
- Systems allocation and activity tracking
- Reassignment of functions and responsibilities
- Functional assessment of each job
In this context we also carry out an evaluation of jobs with their roles and responsibilities, to locate and analyze comparatively respect to remuneration models.
Sizing optimization and orgaizational of areas
A change in the organizational structure can improve the ability to compete, grow and adapt to changing situations.
However, despite the investment in cost and dedication it requires, if not adequately addressed can not get the desired effect: improved performance.
Companies that have a good organizational structure can compete better thanks to:
- They make decisions more quickly and with better knowledge
- Minimize your costs
- They have greater flexibility to adapt to a changing environment
- Can better motivate their staff
- Improve the conversion of the decisions taken at desired actions
However, modifying the organizational structure is complex and expensive. Even sometimes it is not the best alternative. Often inefficiencies do not arise from the organizational structure but problems with internal processes, or the responsibilities defined in the internal system of management and governance. In this case, efforts should be directed to solving these problems.
All organizational design has to has to take into account the following key factors that will guide and define the structure:
- Decision making. Which ones are, where and at what organizational level are taken. Decisions have to be a hierarchy of authority with logical and coherent organizational structure and responsibilities, so that each decision is taken who is best able to do so: with the best information available and as quickly as possible
- Business process. As they are and what areas are involved in its operation. Processes should have clear and great visibility by their makers defined responsibilities. The head of each process must have the ability to go continually improving them to the greatest possible extent
- Creating added value. What they are and where they are created. Each added value produced by the business must be identified under a clear responsibility area
An ideal organization manages to combine the three factors in harmony. It is not always possible or is not always recommended. In any case, priorizaríamos organizational design decisions about processes, and these on creating added value.
The implementation of a reorganization requires also provide managers and leaders of the right decision-making tools, so redefining the processes affected to adapt to the new structure.
Other services related to the reorganization we do are:
- Organizational optimization and sizing of areas
- Definition of common corporate services, and the role of local offices from the central
- Review of the functions and responsibilities of staff
- Effective integration of organizations in mergers and acquisitions
- Implementation of systems of government organizations and dashboards
#800000Common definition of corporate services, degree of optimal centralitzation and functions of local offices
By empowering common corporate services through the centralization of activities, significant synergies and cost savings are achieved.
For this standardization of similar activities in specialized operational centers serving the entire organization it is necessary. Within this organizational review, we identified with the help of our customers that decisions should be made in local offices and implement improvements to increase the speed of response and flexibility of the organization to compete in the market.
In order to improve service and save costs, we define actions to consolidate support functions in the central areas.
And we define a working model among the areas of central and local support offices, in which we optimize the resources used and standardize the processes employed.
According to the corporate strategy and the nature of the market in which it competes, we help our customers to establish a model that defines the role of headquarters and local offices. This division of responsibilities usually follows the principles of focus at headquarters in support activities and value creation, and local areas of care and customer service, careful not to create duplication.
Other principles are establishing extensive mechanisms for collaboration between areas and the implementation of systems which hold every area of their results.
We also ensure to achieve all the expected synergies from an acquisition or merger between companies, avoiding duplication and standardizing roles and responsibilities.
Diagnosis/ organizational analysis & assessment
Find where the organizational problem and define it correctly is the first step to fix it.
A good diagnosis allows an objective view on the organizational situation of your company or any of its areas. We review and identify potential for improvement in terms of organization and consider it a first step to implement a practical solution
We focus our organizational analysis in:
- Grade of compliance with the functions and responsibilities assigned to staff
- Identification of organizational gaps and duplication
- Evaluation of jobs
- Organizational expert reports
- Management assessment and strengthening
Organizational change management
Just a good implementation of an organizational design lets have tangible benefits.
In DOT CONSULTING we collaborate and support our clients during the design process, management and implementation of organizational changes, improving the ownership by staff, shortening both its implementation and the transitional period of assimilation and managing the issues that can arise. We also ensure that the changes implemented contains all the elements that improve performance, develop organizational capabilities and reinforce the behavior of people in a sustained manner over time.
Our support enables rapid organizational change and unaltered service, aiming decisions, motivating staff. We manage unexpected incidents that arise during implementation, and adjust the details that an initial design has not been considered.
We ensure rapid organizational change, with the new organization fully operational in the shortest time possible without the enormous emotional toll it represents. After the start of operations with the new model, we track to detect deviations from the objectives and correct upgradable items.
In the case of mergers and acquisitions, we ensure the achievement of all possible synergies and effective integration of teams.
Once communicated and implemented the organizational change must be guaranteed, to realize its full potential, that:
- The new organization has been understood for all areas, which share the benefits to be achieved and can be rationalized by the majority of staff
- The workers perceive it as something positive for the future of the company beyond certain personal benefits
- We have defined and assigned roles and responsibilities to all staff, avoiding gaps or overlaps
- The new processes work properly, especially those which require the participation of several areas and those that directly affect customer
- They have established systems of governance and management of the new organization, with indicators, reports and tools necessary for a correct coordination
- The staff has been trained and is proficient in the new procedures, which also are well documented and easily accessible
We provide traction thanks to organizational change:
- We carefully plan the varius stages, with pilot schemes, extensions and progressive consolidation phasse
- We accelerate decision making by providing objective and criterion
- We identify, mobilize and work with change agents of our customers
- We establish communication plans and help motivate staff
- We accompany staff and their managers in the first steps of the new organization, ensuring that they have understood and assumed new roles
- We resolve doubts, incidents and make contingency plans for unforeseen
- We monitor the implemented change and to deviations on the objectives, establish corrective actions
- We ensure the achievement of the objectives, adjusting the design if necessary
- We leave implemented continuous improvement systems